Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howie411
Level 2
14 10 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Extra SATA connector not run for 2nd HD base (botton)

HP Omen 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So as I go through my new HP Omen 880-160.   It looks like 4 SATA cables are connected.  1 for the DVD Drive,  1 for the installed Hard Drive and 2 for the extra HD spots on the top of the machine.  They didn't run a 5th cable to connect for the 2nd bottom bay HD.

The problem is the 1 free SATA is very hard to access and I can't route the cable behind the MB because there is no access to the back of it.  I guess I can run one in front of everything but this looks bad. 

Is this an oversite when the built it?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a really cool system! :Wink:

So it is not possible to remove the back panel, no thumb screws?

I looked at your system specs at this site but could not determine if removing the back panel was possible.

Note, you need Flash to view all contents at this HP Support site.

HP has done some nice cable management in your system.

It is hard to see how many SATA ports are available on the MB. Do you have an open SATA port for the additional HDD?

You may be able to remove the back panel and then route the SATA cable to the open HDD bay. Or can you remove the HDD enclosure to route a SATA and power cable to the open HDD bay?

Have you run the final fantasy 15 benchmark?

Tom

My PC's:
Asus Maximus X Hero
NZXT S340 Designed by Razer
i7 8700K
1TB 960 EVO (NVME)
Asus Strix 1080
Corsair RM650x
Kraken X62

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
Corsair 450D

i7 6700K
1TB 850 EVO
Asus Strix 1060
Corsair RM550x
Kraken X52

0 Kudos
Howie411
Level 2
14 10 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like the board has 6 SATA ports.    They only ran 5 cables.    There is no way to get to the back of MB without removing it so, I guess I'll probably just have to do a hack job of wiring it myself.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation