Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx Intel core 17-7700HQ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Whenever I play overwatch all i get is 30 FPS without my charger. But when i use my charger i get 140+ FPS. And the problem is now is that Ive lost my charger and im using a replacement charger...

A few days ago i was playing overwatch i took my replacement charger out and i had 140+ fps when i played but suddenly today its not working like that, and the replacement charger only give me 50 fps. 

Please help me Ive had the problem for ages.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @VenomS63

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the FPS drops when u use your replacement charger.

I'd like to help.

Please update the Graphics Driver from Device Manager.

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Display Adapter and expand the list
- Right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Next, update the BIOS from Here

Also try these steps.

- Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

- Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

If the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Phone Support to get a replacement AC Adapter.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @VenomS63

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the FPS drops when u use your replacement charger.

I'd like to help.

Please update the Graphics Driver from Device Manager.

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Display Adapter and expand the list
- Right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Next, update the BIOS from Here

Also try these steps.

- Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

- Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

If the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Phone Support to get a replacement AC Adapter.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Omg this worked I love you man ❤️

HP Recommended

Hi @VenomS63

I'm glad we were able to get this issue sorted out. Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Excuse me it happened again 😞

HP Recommended

nvm (: ... I had the wrong power plan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.