Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X Desktop 900-201nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I recently bought the CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 2666mhz C16 (4x16gb) 64GB ram kit to upgrade my existing 32gb unknown brand one on my HP.

Now on any other pc it would be easy, not with this one though.

After seating them correctly and turning on the computer it gives me three short beeps, which basically means "Memory read or write failure" based on this: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

Now you can see from the specifications of my motherboard and processor that the RAM should be compatible right? Or am I going crazy?

Solutions tried:

1. I tried the RAM on a friend's rig and they worked.
  2. I have updated my BIOS
  3. I made sure the sticks are seated correctly.

So now what? What do I do?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the fact is that with the tests indicated, none of the modules works!
it can come from anything
For me, you have enough memory with 32 gb, because in order to be sure of the compatibility you would have to buy the same HP modules, it could be very expensive!
It is not 100% guaranteed otherwise you can try the scan here:

Welcome to Crucial USA

[edit]

not great, because here they only offer this module:

848216-801   HP Part Partners  
Memory - RAM, GNRC, UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2133  
RoHS: COMPLY_2.06

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
what you can try if not already done ..
it's a bit long, it won't give you the solution, but probably a clue, depending on the result

All modules must be removed.
make sure to identify them correctly, so as not to test the same twice
Take a first module, test the only one, if it is ok, try it on all the slots, this allows to check first if the module works alone, and if all the slots are ok
Remove it, and go to the second module.
do the test with all the modules
you can check if each module works (no need to test the 4 slots according to the result)
If all slots work, try just two sets (change locations if that doesn't work)
Either there is nothing at all, no module works with each slot, in this case, you must replace all the modules
then there may be several possibilities, one or two slots that do not work ..
Must see the result of all tests!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have tried each ram stick alone on the 4 slots. None of them worked, but as i said, all of the ram sticks worked on my friend's computer. So the ram is not broken.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

You don't say if your friend is the same model ..
I suppose not ..
So if it works with the original modules, and none of the new ones work, it most likely means that they are not compatible with your computer.
If the bios is up to date, there is nothing more we can do

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yeah my friend has a different rig.

Really my friend? Even though in the motherboard's spec sheet it says that it is compatible with 16GB sticks up to 2666Mhz which is exactly what I bought. They're even compatible with the processor!

it most likely means that they are not compatible with your computer.

Could you kindly tell me what part they are not compatible with?

Thank you

HP Recommended

the fact is that with the tests indicated, none of the modules works!
it can come from anything
For me, you have enough memory with 32 gb, because in order to be sure of the compatibility you would have to buy the same HP modules, it could be very expensive!
It is not 100% guaranteed otherwise you can try the scan here:

Welcome to Crucial USA

[edit]

not great, because here they only offer this module:

848216-801   HP Part Partners  
Memory - RAM, GNRC, UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2133  
RoHS: COMPLY_2.06

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help, i really do appreciate it.

Well looks like im just going to replace the motherboard. it is my one and only option

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.