Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP C5Y17EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon. There is HP C5Y17EA. Foxconn 2abf motherboard with integrated graphics card. Nvidia 1060 6Gb was delivered. And now the image is not displayed on the screen. BIOS is flashed with the latest version. How to fix to see the video card?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @WizarDSaNa 

Your Product number indicates you have a HP Pro 3500 Microtower.

The power supply is only 300W. Did you also upgrade that too?

HP Recommended

I am aware of this situation. On this PSU was replaced by 500w.

HP Recommended

OK, those HP Business class machines can be tricky. I assume you are using Windows 10 with the UEFI bios that you say you just updated? If you have a UEFI bios, that shouldn't be an issue. I also assume you are connecting the monitor via the ports on the graphics card itself and not the ports on the I/O shield, correct?

Have you "clean" installed the NVIDIA drivers?

Its also possible you might either have a faulty PSU (the 6-8 pin connector is bad) or there is an issue with the graphics card itself. Sometimes they can be shipped DOA.

Re-seat it and the connectors just to make sure that its not a poor connection.

About all I can suggest beyond that is to also ask on the Business PC section of the forum. There might be something with that Micro Tower that I'm not aware of since we don't really work with those in this section.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/bd-p/Business-PC-W...

HP Recommended

Trial and error revealed how to enable. You need to turn off the power from 1060 6 GB, boot with the image output of the integrated card, then restart the PC and at the time of restart to give power to the video card by switching all the wires from the monitor to it. And then there is a chance that the image will go as it should. But it's wrong and it shouldn't be. What could be the problem??

HP Recommended

So in other words - as the PC is booting, unplug the monitor cable from the I/O shield and plug it into the NVIDIA card and it will be recognized. 

I'm not sure whats happening. The integrated card should automatically be disabled when the NVIDIA card is present.

Did you also try resetting the bios? I doubt there is switch in the bios to disable integrated graphics since HPs are so locked down but I would check it just to make sure.

Again, did you clean install the NVIDIA Graphics meaning... did you uninstall any other graphics drivers in the system including the Intel graphics in  the device manager?

@old_geekster  @Grzwacz  would you have any Idea whats wrong?

HP Recommended

All drivers have been cleanly installed.
If the PC was turned off and you turn it on with the video card 1060 6 GB, the image does not go anywhere at all, while through remote access you can go to it. And when you access the PC via remote access, the task Manager shows that no video card is defined at all. At the same time, if you turn off the power to 1060 6 GB and connect the monitor to the integrated video card, the image immediately appears on the monitor

HP Recommended

Turn off the power to the 1060? You mean you unplug the power connector from the PSU to the card? There is no power switch on a graphics card.

Will the bios show up on screen if you are plugged into the 1060?

Again, did you reset the BIOS also?

I have pinged a couple other experts to answer. I am at a loss on this one.

HP Recommended

Yes. BIOS was reset!
Yes. I hands pull out the power cable from the video card and at the same time it is inserted into the motherboard. And under.connect the DVI cable to the integrated graphics card. And the image starts to go to the monitor.
Yes. the BIOS menu appears, but only after all 1060 will earn in systems.

HP Recommended

the BIOS menu appears, but only after all 1060 will earn in systems. ???

I'm sorry, but your English makes no sense, that is why I'm having a hard time understanding you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.