Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Lets see what they say in the Business section of the forum you posted in. They might have some better insight to the problem.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but English is not my native language.
I had in view that menu BIOS can be see under connected 1060 only then when is obtained in the course series of manipulation with its connecting nutrition. And the Windows operating system still booted from 1060.

HP Recommended

So in other words,  you could see the bios screen on the monitor, but only when you went thru the same process of disconnecting the 1660 power and connecting to the Integrated card?

If so, it sounds like a bios issue.

I don't know if you tried pulling the CMOS battery when you reset the bios. Maybe that will help?

Otherwise I don't have any other solution as you already updated it with the latest bios. Hopefully the other guys on the other forum section might be able to answer.

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002,

It is hard to follow what is happening.

I don't recall seeing any reference to disabling Secure boot and enabling Legacy support in the EFI BIOS (Link) before installing the graphics card.

I am also guessing the supplemental six pin PCIe power supply connection to power the graphics card has been done.

That's all I have on this?

Regards

HP Recommended

yes. i pulling the CMOS battery when reset the bios.
yes. Secure boot is disabling and enabling Legacy support in the EFI BIOS
yes. the supplemental six pin PCIe power supply connection to power the graphics card has been done.

The situation at the moment is as follows. In order to start the system with 1060 it is necessary:
1) Switch DVI to built-in video card
2) to Start the system
3) when the system starts, log in using remote access and restart the PC.
4) during reboot, switch the DVI cable back to the card
5) if after rebooting the PC several times he turned on then turned off, the system starts with the card 1060
6) if after the first reboot not earned so as need to, then need to to do reboot through remote access until not start.

P S: at the same time, you do not need to disconnect the power from the card..

HP Recommended

@Photoray002, @Grzwacz , according to the Illustrated Parts & Service Map, the latest date is 2012.  If it was early 2012 it may not be UEFI as HP began using UEFI in mid-October, 2012.  The 1060 definitely requires UEFI.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I thought that was the case, but apparently the info I was looking at showed it came with Windows 8, so I assumed the bios was UEFI.  If its legacy, that would explain it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.