06-15-2018 11:28 AM
Hi - second problem I'm having with the HP Omen 880-p0xx.
Randomly, the computer freezes:
* the mouse stops moving
* couple of seconds later the monitor goes black
* monitor flashes no signal
* computer is still running/ fans are on
* requires hard restart
Any advice pls? Bios is up to date. Computer is within warranty.
06-16-2018 02:11 PM
Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. I reviewed the post regarding assistance with borderless printing. Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a recent software or Windows update?
- Did it occur after a recent power outage or surge?
For now, try these steps:
- Please run complete hardware diagnostics on the computer from this link: https://hp.care/2lfaAEi (HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures) perform all the steps from the section “Run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more)”
- If diagnostics fail, make a note of the failure code and contact HP phone support to get the computer repaired. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
- Click on this link – https://hp.care/2moMFSc
- 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
- 3) Enter the serial of your device.
- 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
- 5) Click on “Show Options”.
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
If diagnostics pass then perform all the relevant steps from these links:
- Link 1: https://hp.care/2lfJSeV (HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes Guided Troubleshooter) It is a guided troubleshooter and you just need to follow it.
- Now check if the issue gets fixed.
If it continues, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2lg9TLc (HP PCs - Computer is Slow)
This is also a guided troubleshooter and this should do the trick for you.
- Also if nothing works, please backup your files and perform a Microsoft Push-Button Reset of Windows 10 from by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2toQrBj
This should fix the issue. There is a YouTube video on how to do it and if the correct instructions are followed on the screen then there is no data loss.
Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response. Please note that I am not overloading you with steps but instead, giving you more information to work with.
We are as eager as you are to get the issue fixed. I request you to perform all these steps till the issue is fixed.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee