Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30 L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A little over a month ago I purchased an HP OMEN 30 L I have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU and an AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 W/RGB Air Cooling (3.6 GHz up to 4.2 GHz, 32 MB L3 cache, 6 cores). I'm a pretty avid gamer but I'm not doing 18-20hrs of gaming in on session. I recently encounter an issues when playing Destiny 2 ( yes I know dead game but I love it) I started to hear a loud whirring noise coming from my pc. At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from. I did a little research figured out it was coming from my GPU. I've had the PC for little over a month and it never did any of that in the beginning. So I start doing some checks download some hardware diagnostics software to see if there is something wrong. Everything passes no hardware issues drivers are up to date, connections check secure even switched out cables. So today 3/9/2021 I encountered a new issue that happens with all games.  Ill put up the game get the menu I'll start to hear the whirring noise then my screen goes black. My pc is still on just no visuals on monitor and and no connections being detected on the monitor. I have to hold down the power button to power off and give it about 10 minutes then I can boot up my pc. I cant plan any games on my pc. I literally spent all my bday money for the pc and cant afford replacing, the GPU, power supply ,  and motherboard due to compatibility issues. This is just so frustrating I'm just so disappointed. I need help desperately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Yugi_Boy , welcome to the Community.

You should definitely contact the seller to fix the computer under warranty.  This is not something that you should have to fix on a new computer.  New components don't fail often, but it does happen.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Yugi_Boy , welcome to the Community.

You should definitely contact the seller to fix the computer under warranty.  This is not something that you should have to fix on a new computer.  New components don't fail often, but it does happen.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much I almost did something that would have voided it lol.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Yugi_Boy!  Glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.