Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1128jp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I often play the game call of duty warzone online. CPU temperature: 82 ~ 85 C, GPU: 84 ~ 86 C.
Is that okay if I play continuously for about 12 hours per day?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@NgocHai2412 , welcome to the forum.

These temperatures are definitely on the high side.  The max temp for your CPU is 100C and for your GPU it is 88C.  I suggest that do a thorough cleaning of the case inside and remove the dust from the fan/s.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My computer just bought in October 2020, is only using about 1 month. I am sure my computer is clean and free of dust.

Do I need to submit an HP warranty?
Thank you for supporting me!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @NgocHai2412!

Yes, I would contact HP Customer Support to see what they have to say about it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Look forward to your help! please help me. I can provide more information and pictures if needed!
Thanks very much!

HP Recommended

How long will it take me to get an answer?

Such a temperature is not safe to use without the answer from the HP support person.

HP Recommended

The Obelisk has a notoriously bad cooling, especially with high end components generating a lot of hear and the lack of any active intake, it becomes an oven. HP recognized that problem and that's why the Omen 30L came out this year with improved intake. The only fix would be just get a better aftermarket case, that's in my humble opinion. 

HP Recommended

Good morning all
I think you are making a little confusion @NgocHai2412 
You are here on a help platform between users of HP products mainly.
For the most part we indicate it in our signature.
@old_geekster  mentions it !  ""  I am not an HP employee. ""

We can't respond anytime either

This is not a response from hp support here
So, as suggested to you @old_geekster  you need to contact after sales service directly
You must provide the serial number of the computer

you may have to change the country

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

"Is that okay if I play continuously for about 12 hours per day? "

Even if the computer does not tend to heat up
Take breaks, it will run longer, and so will you!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I was wrong. Thank you for guidance.
I really want to understand that all "Obelisk Desktop 875-1128jp" computers are like that?

Main: Z390

CPU:  i9 9900k 

RAM: HyperX 32 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11 GB)
Thanks and look forward to your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.