Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 875 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought a HP OMEN Oblisk 875 with a RTX 2080 video card during Black Friday.  i think it is hot when i play the overwatch for a long time. more then 80 degrees.  I see the video card just comes with single fan and i can't find out what edtion it is. I want to upgrade its cooling system if possible? is someone knows which Cooling System is suitable for my desktop? if it is LCS is better. but more fans are acceptable if it works. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC is hot off the press. Not much information about this system is available.

Have you checked CPU temps? I would also guess you may see higher than normal temps.

Installing a GPU LCS is possible if you are a modder and don't mind voiding your warranty on the graphics card or the entire PC. Changing HP factory components requires reinstalling the component should you ever need to send the PC to HP for warranty service.

You may also be able to add some chassis fans to move more air out of the chassis.

It may be possible to do an AIO liquid cooling system (LCS). But first check to see if you can add fans at the top of the chassis. You also have to inspect the MB to see if there are open fan headers.

You would have to check the chassis for places to install a 240 mm Rad/fan system. A 120 mm rad/fan may fit but you would have to verify the rear chassis fan is a 120 mm. Some HP systems use 92 mm fans.

You will probably have to install the AIO LCS processor socket backplate. Can you get to the backside of the MB without removing the MB from the case?

Do you have free USB 2.0 headers on the MB? You need this for many AIO LCS systems so the CPU cooler can talk to the AIO LCS software to control pump and fan speeds.

HP uses Asetek 92 mm AIO LCS (Link) in many of their PCs. Other systems such as Corsair, NZXT, or Antec may also work. Asetek also makes 240 mm (dual 120 mm) AIO systems for CPUs.

Regards

HP Recommended

thanks for help;

After i check it, the fan at the behind is 92mm, the fan can be installed at top is 120mm, the fan for CPU is 80mm. small space for upgrade.  the CPU tempereture goes to 75 degree when i am playing games. i am think to get a CPU cooler but limited choice since it is 80mm.

the link to the cooler is sold out. 

i think it's ok because it's one year warranty.

any way, thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Mannixh,

You're very welcome.

75 C on the CPU is okay.

80 C on the GPU is a little high. I think the 2280 maximum temperature operating range is around 90 C.

A top chassis fan exhausting air would help to move more hot air out of the chassis and possibly reduce GPU temps. But you need a fan header on the motherboard to do this. 

I am not sure how HP configures the Asetek AIO LCS to talk to the BIOS to control pump and fan speeds. Aftermarket systems such as Corsair and NZXT use USB 2.0 to do this. The fan and pump on the aftermarket systems are powered by a SATA power connection.

Your problem, based on 75 C CPU temps, is not the CPU cooling. It is the heat being generated by the GPU when you are gaming.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.