Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-160ev
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys! I have a HP Pavilion 500-160ev :  https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c03967519

I am about to upgrade this set up with a new graphic card and a RAM memory(i'll add 4 GB).

Will the GTX 1050 Ti be compatible in my current PC? The power supply(PSU) is 300W and the power consumption of GTX1050 Ti is 75W.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yep it will prevent dual channel support. If the old one is 800, you would do best to buy a matched pair and replace both with 1600.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @BYRON21

As long as the measurements available in the case agree with the length of your new card, you should be good to go.

With the ram, are you adding to or replacing what is there?

If adding to, its a good idea to match the existing timings to ensure the system will utilize dual channel memory.

Your 300w PSU should be OK.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

The measurements should be not problem for the new card.

I am replacing the ram in 1 channel(2GB TO 4GB). The Ram that i am about to buy has the same Latency (11-11-11-28) and Volts(1.35).The only difference is on Frequences...the new Ram has 1600 MHz and the old one that i'm keeping 800MHz.

Should that be a problem with utilizing dual channel memory?

HP Recommended

Yep it will prevent dual channel support. If the old one is 800, you would do best to buy a matched pair and replace both with 1600.

HP Recommended

Considering your are dumping this much money into the system, If you come across a deal on a used i7 4770 or 4790, I would take it. The boost in speed and upgrade in thread count will keep your system more relevant and usefull for the next few years. More so than that i5.

Just a thought.

HP Recommended

So, i am going for a pair of new RAMs(2x4) replacing absolutely the old ones and the GTX 1050 Ti.

Thank you for your help man! One last question: Will this set up be able to run games like FIFA,LoL,PUBG etc.?

HP Recommended

As PubG Fifa and other games improve and upgrade the next few years, having an i7 with the higher boost and thread count will future proof you a little more that what you have now. The i5 is ok at the moment, but not for long.

Otherwise, save up and just buy a new system instead.

HP Recommended

I understand what you are saying.

For now,i am upgrading my current system with RAM and new graphic card and in the future i am going to have an eye into replacing the i5 with an i7.

You are helping me out too much with this,thanks!

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Keep in mind the 4th gen is old and the longer you wait to look for a CPU, the harder it will be to find.

Good luck with the system.

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.