Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875 rtx 2080 i7 8700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

Thx for helping and reply.

I have tested PUBG, Overwatch, Cyberpunk 2077 etc. Every game will crash after play a while( in 2k and high quality). The Windows system is no problem, everything works well except games. I have reinstalled Win10 and the crash issue still there. Every drive is newest updated. 
However, LOL and Overwatch(in 1024*768) work well. I have installed GPU-Z, but I have no idea how to use it.
Any suggestions how to figure it out?
Thx!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Olivergen , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster Thx for replying. 
The product # is 4NM66AA#ABA

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx

What I’ve done:

1. reinstalled win 10

2. flash/update bios

3. Updated all drives

4. run Furmark in 2K for 25 mins(nothing wrong, 86 degrees gpu, 65% fan)

5. reinstalled all the games

After what I’ve done, PUBG and Overwatch still crash( sometime just crash and return to desktop, and sometime crash with no image movement but the game sound will keep play for couple seconds) 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Olivergen!

The temperature of your GPU during the test is pushing the maximum (88C).  If it is exceeding the limit while gaming this could cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.  I have had the same symptoms while playing COD and Wolfenstein.  I have found that it was caused by Windows 20H2.  I reverted to Win 1909 and the symptoms stopped.  This will end soon because MS is going to stop supporting 1909 and I will have to update to 20H2.  I hope it is fixed.

I suggest going to the websites for the games to see if others are experiencing the same symptoms.  Another thing that I would consider if your not playing the games on Steam or other such site is, are there any patches for the games.  I have found this to be the solution for other games in the past.  I know that Steam updates the games every time we login.

I don't have any more words of wisdom for you.  You have done a great job of diagnostics.  Give my suggestions a try to see what happens.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hi

I tested a couple of days, things get worse, I reverted to Win 10 1909. I was opening GPU-Z to keep watch the temperature, and I found some games even crash only at 66C degree. After I have tested most of my games from Steam, Overwatch, and LOL. The LOL is the only game that worked well. 

All of the other games will crash in 10-20 mins.

OMG, what can I do...

Thx

HP Recommended

@Olivergen, I suggest that you run HP Hardware Diagnostics to see if there is a failing component/s.  The games crashing at 66C tells me there are other problems.  Also, check all of the connections to the motherboard.  A loose connections could cause this problem.

This is what old_geekster calls a head-scratcher! 😉  You have to determine what is different about LOL that doesn't make it crash?  This may give you a clue to the problem.

HP Recommended

Hey! Similar problem. I'll load into the game and be able to play for a bit, then when something major happens for example I bash a prop into the wall, my monitor will turn off and I can hear the audio for a bit until it crashes. My pc light is still on then I turn it off with the power button, turn it back on again and then there are these lines on my screen. They're tiny circles.image0.jpg

HP Recommended

@Vermillion , welcome back to the Community.

It would be better if you would start your own thread.  You will receive more help!

HP Recommended

Yeppers, I'm just waiting for a reply there while I scroll down to see if anybody else has the same problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.