Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To whom it may concern,

Every time I start up a game that requires "more effort" to run i.e. Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefront II, Rising Storm 2 Vietnam etc., the games crash on startup. This is issue is fairly new and given the fact I bought the computer in January really is urging me to use that warranty/return policy no more than a month after. I have played Cyberpunk a decent amount on this same pc yet now it crashes during the developer cutscenes/intro. Some games such as League of Legends and surprisingly Sea of Thieves have worked with some faults/crashes occurring on Sea of Thieves occasionally. My cpu temperature is averaging out at about 150 Fahrenheit and my gpu is about 91 F. I have tried utilizing fan control apps to help cool it given if that is the issue yet to no avail. I have troubleshooted and scanned every possible inch to see if any problems were occurring/devices were malfunctioning yet none were present. I have updated Bios, my drivers and windows 10. I even dusted and placed the desktop itself away from everything on my desk to see if it really was a temperature issue. Help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jantone08 , welcome to the Community.

I have seen these symptoms several times over the years.  Normally, finding a patch for the games would solve the problem.  However, I believe that the games you are playing are on Steam.  This means they are updated every time you start one of them.  This probably eliminates that possibility.

The temperatures that you mentioned are good.  The maximum temperature for the CPU is 100C (yours 65C) and the maximum for the GPU is 88 or 89C (yours 32C).  I don't believe this is the problem.

The latest versions of Windows, 1909, 2004 and 20H2, have been causing me nightmares.  I reinstalled Windows to 1809 and won't update until I absolutely can't resist any longer.  I don't know if this could be some of your problems.

I suggest that you go to the Customer Support website for the games to see if any one else is reporting this issue.  It would be very strange if you were the only one experiencing the problem.  This is, unless, it is a problem with one of your components.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Check around the community forum here there are a lot of people with similar issues due to high temperatures, there are some good advises as well. On the flip side that RTX2060 and the Ryzen 7 shouldn't be generating much heat too, strange. 

HP Recommended

I've noticed an influx of these issues in the past week, with my personal 30L suffering the same issue a few days ago. At first I thought it was a hardware issue as no one else had the same issue but now have my doubts since it's been reproduced on a number of machines.  I've personally contacted customer service to send out a box to warranty it,  but am hoping a patch comes out to fix the issue.

Searching on reddit should pop up with some other examples.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.