Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15t-dc100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello!! I have an Astro gaming headset, but it won’t work on my laptop. When I plug in the USB, the headset lights up but there is no audio and the mic doesn’t work. When I use the audio and mic jack, the headset doesn’t glow but I have audio. However still the mic doesn’t work. When I use both the USB and the jacks, the audio works but once again the mic doesn’t. I have messed around with the computer setting and even reset them afterwards. I have also looked to see if it doesn’t work with the app Discord but everything with Discord appears to be correct. I have tried other headsets and the same problems keep reoccurring. Please help me! Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Blondie1997 , welcome to the forum.

You should click on the "Speaker Icon" (Capture.PNG) in the lower right facing tray to see which audio and mic are showing as the default.  You may have to select the headset manually.  When I connect my headset it automatically shows as default in this section.  If this doesn't help, I suggest that you contact the headset manufacturer's Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Blondie1997 , welcome to the forum.

You should click on the "Speaker Icon" (Capture.PNG) in the lower right facing tray to see which audio and mic are showing as the default.  You may have to select the headset manually.  When I connect my headset it automatically shows as default in this section.  If this doesn't help, I suggest that you contact the headset manufacturer's Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help! I also updated the drive so I am hoping that helps as well. Thank you!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Blondie1997@!  Glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.