Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6787c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the HP Gaming Monitor x24c and am trying to register after downloading the manual.  However, HP does not recognize my serial number which contains either a zero or an "O".  I have entered the number both ways and it keeps replying with a message to find the serial number.  I used the feature where HP finds devices and HP's find feature did not find it although I now have duplicate entries for my desktop on the dashboard.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

wait a bit
I have flag, the thread
an Hp agent may come to help you, but I don't promise anything

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you.  

HP Recommended

Hi

Apparently you haven't been contacted yet.
If you indicated the serial number here, is it unknown?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/products/monitors

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have not heard from HP.  The monitor HP x24c still is on their web site as a product being sold.  I am not experiencing any problems with it other than not being able to register it as they do not recognize the serial number nor did they find the monitor when they did their detection scan.  I am sure the product is legit as I bought it directly from HP and it was shipped by them.  

While the problem is not solved, I have more important things to worry about than the registration.  However, I think HP should be concerned about their data flow.  

Thank you for your interest.

HP Recommended

That is the screen where I had input the serial number as well as the screen from which HP tried to detect the device with no results.

HP Recommended

Hi@ellderberry,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues registering the HP Gaming Monitor the serial number is not recognized when trying to register. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks @Dilip_18 

it's OK @ellderberry 
hope it gets sorted out for you soon

🖐

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.