Lizzykin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Geforce is overheating

Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Graphic Card Navidia GTX 1070 is over heating I can feel the heat comming from it.  how do i check the temp and should I be concerned 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 311 455
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Geforce is overheating

@Lizzykin

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer getting overheated. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:  

Did you try any troubleshooting steps before contacting us? How long are you facing this issue? 

For now please try these steps: Follow this document https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439 which will provide you step by step instructions. By the end of the document I'm sure the issue would be resolved. 🙂  

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 

The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂  

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
schoolbus295631
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Geforce is overheating

Use speed fan to check the temps search gpu temps for your hp and compare if yours is higher clean dust if still change gpu thermal paste you can find out how on YouTube.
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,122 3,234
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Geforce is overheating

@Lizzykin 

Before anyone can give you advice, we need to know exactly what you have first.

What is the model or product number of the computer?

Tip:

If you go to the Start menu > HP Help and Support and run the HP Support Assistant, it will give you the product number.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation