Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dunno if I should be worried but my 4gb Rx 580 has gone up to mid 80°c and so has my cpu. They were on games like shadow warrior 2 and part of dmc 5. Games run fine and pc isn’t loud.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Oh also it’s like the gpu temp steadily rises by like a percent every 30 something seconds it’s just odd 

HP Recommended

Hello @Misterboss50 

I don't have those games specifically, but I would say in general, if you're not getting any higher than that, you're fine.

Game play is gonna tax the system and its absolutely normal. That is to say, depending on things like the cooling solution, game, game settings and ambient temperature.

HP Recommended

The case size could be a factor since it is pretty compact. The temperature in the room is actually quite cold, probably somewhere around 50°F. But thanks for the help, I just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong with it.

HP Recommended

The room temp is 50° fahrenheit?  Your room sounds almost like a walk in refrigerator. :Surprise:

HP Recommended

It’s in my basement, so yeah it’s prettty cold.

HP Recommended

Oh also, don’t want to be a bother blabut this but should I really worry unless my pc gets audibly loud or physically warm? Because it hasn’t really been doing either when it says my gpu is in the 80s

HP Recommended

No bother at all. No, sounds like its working just fine.

That case is rather confined as far as airflow is concerned as you pointed out. But if it does start to get loud fan rpm's, try opening the side panel and see if more airflow helps. Otherwise, it seems to be OK.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.