Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

today I get my new gaming PC from HP OMEN GT13-0010ng Gaming Desktop (Intel Core i9-10900F, HyperX XMP 32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB HDD, 512GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB. I checked the temperature during gaming (No Man Sky) and the hightest temperature was 85° celcius. should I worry about the temperature?

I am not really sure because NVIDIA says that 89° celcius is the highest temperature for this video card.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Little Update after testing my computer with 3DMarks. I started 2 tests:

- 4k gaming with DX12

- DX12 benchmark for gaming PC

I get my results with GPU-Z and in both tests the highest GPU temperature was at 85° Celcius and the Fan Speed was 48 %  at the highest reading. But I don't know what Fans Speed (porbaply form the graphic card). So I hope everything is fine. But it would be nice if I get a feedback.

many thanks

HP Recommended

Dietzer

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

You do not have to worry since 85 degrees is not considered high especially for a high end gaming computer

As long as you do not face any lagging issues or severe overheating issues, there is nothing to worry

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with RTX 2080 Ti. Up to 89°C. Wich in theory is fine for GPU's but on the high end. 

Referring to my question wich waterblock we can install on this type of GPU to lower the temp and in the end prolong the life span of this card... For HP it doesn't pose a problem but for many customers it does! So HP, help us out...

HP Recommended

85C is definitely not ideal, but considering that the OEM cards that HP are installing are blower style cooling solution, its as good as it gets. Longevity wise is concerned but there is not much that you can do about it honestly especially with this stock case. 

HP Recommended

The only solution I see is to set up a water cooling block. EKW seems like a good candidate as it is already on my CPU 9700K. But I find very little data for this model of HP RTX. Even at the brand (EKW) itself, they don't know the hardware onder the stock case due to the rarity of this GPU. Hence my multipart question at HP if it has more information about this. There must be someone who has already thought about the overheating. I am certainly not the only one experiencing this!

HP Recommended

You can do that, but you would have to switch cases, not possible with this one, not enough room and no room for radiator 

HP Recommended

I have now a thermaltake tower 900 room enough! Room for 4 fan radiator in the back, enough place for tubing and another 2 free GPU slots free next to current HP RTX.  Not an issue. Just need to know wich one HP recommend for usage.

HP Recommended

and opting for puchasing an second HP RTX if SLI bridge is needed or an added value for the system.

HP Recommended

As far as I know they are using a reference boards across all RTX cards, but maybe someone can confirm. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.