Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp compaq dc7700 small form factor

I want to install a new graphic card. So,can i install GT 1030 low proflie graphic card of ASUS,Gagabyte,MSI and Zotac.Can,I install 2GB GT 1030 low profile graphic card in my mother board.I want to do some kind of small gaming in my pc.

Proccesser: intel e6700 core 2 duo

Memory(Ram):800 Mhz 6GB total.

PSU:300watts.

Motherboard:hp compaq dc7700 small form factor.

(Optional question: Can i use 240watts PSU)

THANKS YOU FOR HELPING IN ADVANCES.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I would recommend GTX1650, as it doesn't require extra power to it, everything is delivered trough the PIC-e slot. 

HP Recommended

So,it is clear that i can use "msi gaming geforce gt 1030 aero itx 2g oc" in this hp compaq dc7700 small form factor mother board without any problem  and i also not need low profile graphic card. Can i use 240watt PSU for it.

HP Recommended

If its a small one, as long as there a PCI-e Slot and the card is low profile, you are fine. Keep in mind that there are low profile 1650's as well, much better card. 

HP Recommended

Can i use 240 watt PSU

HP Recommended

Yes the PSU is not a problem at all. 

HP Recommended

Some one said this in 2017 by hp expert;

You should be able to install a more modern video card such as the nvidia GT 610 or the AMD Radeon HD 6450.

Both cards draw less than 30 watts of power, and are low profile. 

You will need to make sure you get a video card that includes the low profile mounting brackets in the box.

Most of these model cards come standard with 1 GB of graphics memory. 

I have not looked to see if there are models that have 2 GB of memory.  The models with 2 GB of memory will use a bit more wattage.

I tested the Radeon HD 6450 in the older dc7600, and it worked just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.