Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-0444nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I just received my MSI 3070 ventus 3x OC and it doesn't fit in my case. It is just about 1 centimeter too long. I thought about cutting off the second hard drive bracket's side so it passes. What do you recommend? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LOZALgame , welcome to the forum.

The major concern that I have is the card needs enough space for good airflow.  The 3070 will generate a lot of HEAT!  The smaller mid-size cases are not good for airflow.  I am not certain that you have any other alternative, but to cut the drive bay.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Do you think buying a better system ventilator and a water cooling will help? Because I don't really want to change this case, because I really like it

HP Recommended

Oh and also I need to remove all of the components inside so it'll be safe right? 

HP Recommended

@LOZALgame, I'll answer both of your posts.  I don't know if adding more fans would help.  You have to make certain that you have the correct amount of Intake and Exhaust fans to assure that you are having positive airflow.  Liquid cooling is very difficult to add to a video card.  You have to fully dismantle the card.  Again, you are adding more components inside of the case that will reduce the space for the air to flow properly.

Yes, if you are going to be cutting inside of the case it would be best to remove all of the components.  Personally, I wouldn't make the modifications.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks. I'll maybe contact a professional to cut it, or see if I can find good cases

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @LOZALgame!

HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, there are two things to consider if you try to move the motherboard to another case: 1) the holes on the motherboard have to match the stand-offs in the case and 2) the front connectors in the case may not match the connectors on the motherboard.  If the holes don't match the stand-offs the motherboard can touch the case and cause a short that will ruin it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.