Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will an RTX 2060 6gb graphics card fit in the Erica motherboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nolan6,

Yes, the difference is almost 100W.  You would need the 500W PSU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Nolan6 

This is depending on your machine, not just motherboard. What is your machine ? Does it have physical room for the card ? Does your machine have enough power to run the card ? ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The amazon page says the following: There is one 2.5" internal bay available. You can upgrade to 32 gigabytes DDR4-2666 SDRAM. There are 1 PCIe x1; 1 PCIe x16 and 1 M.2 slot for a solid-state drive on this desktop. If you upgrade the graphics card, you may have to upgrade the power supply. This comes with 310-watt power supply. So is that enough space for that card? If not, what cards can fit?

HP Recommended

@Nolan6,

I sent @banhien the info, but maybe the time differential is too great.

Your HP TG01-0030 specs are here. It sports a 400W PSU and a GTX 1650 card, supposedly.

The 400W PSU has an existing PCIe 6+2 power plug dangling, unless your GTX 1650 needed it.

1) Here is my spreadsheet,  which I hope more members will share.  Computers are "series" designs, and all conform to a basic hardware source.  HP PSU's are strictly proprietary designs, and work across the entire series.

2) GPU cards are another issue. The simple answer is a cardboard template. You lookup a card, and make a template that length. If it drops into place, then your 1/2 way there. Then pick the correct wattage PSU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Spoiler
So if I got the rtx 2060, I would most likely need to get a new psu?
HP Recommended

@Nolan6,

Yes, the difference is almost 100W.  You would need the 500W PSU.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.