Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880-189a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I recently ordered an HP OMEN 880-189a and it arrived today, however, while setting it up I couldn't get my monitor to connect to the PC itself. I know it isn't an issue with the monitor and cable because they work perfectly when connecting to my laptop.

Other queries on here have stated that you just need t plug it into a different HDMI port but this PC only has one (other than the display port). Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC has a Intel 8700K processor. This processor has Intel integrated graphics.

If your PC has an Nvidia 1080 then you have two different places to connect a HDMI cable to the PC.

You may be connecting the HDMI cable to the wrong HDMI port at the rear of the chassis.

The Intel HDMI port is located on the rectangular I/O shield where other connections such as audio, ethernet, and USB are located. The 1080 has separate HDMI or Display Port connectors that may be located above or below the I/O shield. The location depends on how the MB is mounted in the chassis.

Look, the graphics card could be bad if you are connecting correctly.

Try the Intel HDMI port to see if you get video. But you will have to remove the 1080 from the system to see if Intel graphics works.

Regards

HP Recommended

Turns out I just need to get my eyes checked, thanks for that. If I am wanting to connect another monitor will I need to get a display port cable?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.