Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI and USB ports dont work

HP OMEN 870-203 i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

My HDMI and USB ports aren't working. 
My computer has 3 HDMI ports, tried every single one of them and none works.

My monitor detects the cable but no signal, although it detects my laptop signal. 

Does anyone know what may be causing this? Maybe my gpu just fried or something?

Thanks.

[UPDATE] The USB ports on the front side work just fine. At least I can charge my phone.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 423 589
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI and USB ports dont work

Hi @rfsimoes,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-203nf wherein the HDMI and USB ports aren't working. 

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Troubleshooting HDMI Display

You may also try the steps:

1. In Device Manager expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers or Other Devices area containing the devices with missing drivers.
2. Right click on the device and choose Update Driver

3. Choose Browse my computer for driver software
4. Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
5. Choose any entry for USB Host Controller. If you have USB 3.0 ports make sure it says Enhanced in the name.
6. Click Next / Finish.

If the issue persists, then, try the following steps to open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to the main menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  4. In the main menu, click component test.
  5. Then click on USB Port.
  6. Select the Quick Test to perform a quick check of the hardware.
  7. Select the Extensive Test to perform a full check of the hardware. This test might take 2 or more hours to complete.
  8. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for the component is shown on the screen.
  9. If component test passed, follow the document in the link below.

If a component test fails, then you need to contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation