Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP X34

Hello all !

To quickly understand, my goal is to play with my PS5 at 120fps on my HP X34 monitor that support 165Hz.

I rencently bought the HP X34 monitor which should support at least 120Hz and I'm really happy with.
I can use it comfortably with my computer at 165 Hz with Display port. However, when I switch to my PS5 with the original cable that I'm sure support the 1440p at 120Hz, I stuck with 60Hz...

I did the following test, put the same cable to my computer that was working at 165Hz with Display port and I saw that the result was the same as the PS5, means that it stuck at 60Hz

As I'm sure that the cable is not the problem, is it that the HDMI port of my monitor can not afford 120Hz ?
I can not see it on the specs of it. Here you are the product: 
https://www.hp.com/ch-en/shop/product.aspx?id=2V7W6E9&opt=UUZ&sel=MTO#reviews

Before buying any additional cable HDMI to Display with high data transmission, I would like to be sure that it is the problem.

Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

The monitor supports HDMI 2.0. HDMI 2.0 is limited to 4K at 60 frames per second and 8K at 30 frames per second. HDMI 2.1 can do 4K at 120 fps and and 8K at 60 fps.

Displayport 1.4 can easily handle 4K at 120 frames per second.

HP Recommended

Gotcha !

So this answer give my a new difficulty. 

I would lo to:

- Have my computer connected with Display port to my monitor

- Have my PS5 connected to a switch to easily change my output to my TV with HDMI and to my monitor with the display port

I have to find a solution that will preserve the 165Hz on my computer when is connected to my monitor, 120fps on the PS5 when is connected to my monitor and 60 fps on my PS5 when is connected to my TV.

As I didn't know for the HDMI limit, I already ordered this:

61iaK+6ZMvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I believe, this one will be good for the PS5 to display:

CAC-1331-3d-BOX_N.jpg

What do you think, how can I manage this ? 

By the way, my monitor only have one display port..

HP Recommended

Actually, if I could simplify and even afford to have my computer on my TV if I want, this could be an good configuration:

IMG_7606.jpg

Do you think, I can find something that work like this ?

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry, I can't provide any useful feedback on the switch as I am not familiar with it. It should work if the TV supports HDMI 2.1.

I only see HDMI I/O on the switch? Okay, I see the DP output adapter. Try it to see if it works as advertised.

Maybe a different forum member has some input.

HP Recommended

Hi

Just saw your schematic.

That should work.

HP Recommended

Good, I now have to find a switch that preserve the maximum framerate for each device.

If you have any recommandation, I take it with pleasure ! 

Thanks for the help 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi

My pleasure.

I don't work with switches much. Sorry, don't have anything else to offer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.