cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
SRIGWilliams
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HDMI video input from PS4 working Audio not at all

HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-RX00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Subject says it all. My TV blew up in a storm so instead of wasting money to buy another one I figured I would hook the PS4 directly into am All-in-one. Video is working but I cannot hear any sound.  Please assist.

5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,324 18,950 2,929 9,351
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SRIGWilliams , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information.  When I have this information I will see if I can help you solve your problem

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SRIGWilliams
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Model number 27-1114

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @SRIGWilliams!

According to the Motherboard Specifications there is no HDMI port on your computer.  Therefore, you will have to connect another cable to the Audio: Line-out port to get sound.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

SRIGWilliams
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If there is  no HDMI port how can I connect my PS4 to my computer and "see" video but hear audio?

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SRIGWilliams, I am not certain that there is a way to connect it to the AIO.  I suggest contacting Sony's Tech Support for help.  They will know if there is a way to use a USB connector.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation