Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 25x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community!

I recently bought the HP 25x at a local reseller (Alternate) because I wanted to have a 144hz monitor at 1080p.

As said I bought it, build it up and started testing it. Nothing was wrong PC booted normal and so on but suddenly when playing Rocket League it just randomly turned black but I still had sound. First didnt thought it was something serious, maybe the cable was not plugged in right so i plugged it out and in and continued. But this happened more often and in other games aswell most of the time in graphically appealing scenes. Then i decided to switch to another HDMI cable and well it worked for a day. Had no blackscreens anymore and thought my problem was solved but apparently not. They kept appearing every once in a while.

The Problem is NOT Gpu related, nothing happened with another monitor

Im going to buy a DP cable and see if it gets fixed  by this.

My system:

Intel core I7-4770K@3.9Ghz

Red Dragon Vega 56 Powercolor

16GB of DDR3 Ram at 1666Mhz

500W PSU

Asus B85-Pro

I tested out the single parts of my system in other builds and they all worked great so I guess it must be the monitor

Would like to hear your guys opinion on that 

Niborko

(I ran the monitor at 144hz with Hdmi 2.0b)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Niborko
In meanwhile, try downloading and installing the display driver update on your computer.

Click here to download the driver. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Niborko
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

• Have you tried with different games?
  • Does this happen while playing movies or videos?
  • Have you tried changing the in-game graphics or display resolution setting?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Echo_Lake,

Thank you for your quick response!

-The problem also appears while playing other games.

-It does not happen while playing movies or videos.

-Since im playing in the 144Hz mode I tried it at 60Hz and the Problem did not appear anymore.(Maybe its the HDMI Cable the       Displayport cable did not arrive yet)

-It does not seem to be affected by the resolution

I found a set of numbers on the back of the monitors:

-Serial Number: [edit]

-Product Number: 3WL50AA

Thank you for your help in advance!

Greeting from Germany 

Niborko

HP Recommended

@Niborko
I am glad to know that you managed to figure out the fix by changing it to 60Hz.

I would suggest trying with the display adapter and Work on it as per your convenience.

keep me posted on the results.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Once again me,

I tried now playing at 100Hz and it did occure, but not as often as on 144Hz. It even didn't appear while a playseason of 2 hours in Assasinscreed Unity.

Well the gaming experience is not quiete as satisfying while playing on 100Hz or 60Hz than playing on 144Hz.

The Adapter should arrive Friday middle european time.

I will keep you updated

Have a nice day,

Niborko

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that I cant physically recreate one of the blackscreens.

That means it cant be the HDMI Port or the Cable itself.

Maybe the bandwith of data-transfer.

HP Recommended

@Niborko
In meanwhile, try downloading and installing the display driver update on your computer.

Click here to download the driver. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Echo_Lake

thx for your good support, the displayport cable solved my problem

Did not even had to install the drivers.

Im gonna accept your last post as solution

Greetings 

Niborko

HP Recommended

@Niborko
Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.