Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 25x 144hz monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm using an HDMI 2.0 Cable to run 144hz and free sync, it says free sync is on when I apply it in the monitor settings but when I attempt to go into AMD Radeon Software to turn it on, it says that Radeon Free Sync is not supported, but it is stated very clearly that this is a 144hz free sync monitor. Can anyone help me with this? Is it because i'm not using display port?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @dray121 

I have heard from others that you have to use Display Port to get FreeSync to work.

But you have to enable FreeSync in the monitor itself first.

Go to the left button and navigate to Color Control and then Viewing Modes and select Gaming - Free Sync. 

If Gaming-Free Sync is not there, try this...

Navigate to  Image Control

Select Response Time and set it to level 5 (Fastest)

Exit out, then back in and try enabling Free Sync again.

Does this help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.