Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to tear out my hps current MB which has 2 1TB seagates, gtx 1060 3gb, and 1 ddr4 8b with optical drive and replace and rehook into the aformentioned ASRock AB350 Pro4 AM4 mb, with an additional 16 gb of ram and the ryzen 1700x. would I run into any space restrictions in the hp tower, or any connection restrictions to the usb ports that are angled ontop of the tower etc etc? or any kind of BIOS updates etc?

Thank you all!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@siscoross , welcome to the forum.

I can't tell you for certain that the ASRock motherboard will fit or not.  It is an ATX.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, their cases are made to match the motherboards.  The standard uATX motherboards measure 9.6" x 9.6".  The motherboard in your computer is 9.4" x 9.4".  I know that other members have had problems with the front connectors on other manufacturers' boards.  You can contact ASRock's Tech Support to see if they can help you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.