Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Accelerometer & Can't re-download software that was already on my PC

OMEN by HP 15-ax202na Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, my laptop did the latest windows 10 update last night and I restarted and completed the updates this morning. My laptop is now saying that the HP Accelerometer doesn't work on this version of Windows 10 and that an updated app may be available I've searched online and the only version I can find is older than the version I already have on my laptop.

The other issue I'm having is my laptop seems to have deleted a game and its expansion packs from Origin during the update. All the game files and content are still in the relevant folders on the laptop, but Origin keeps asking me to re-download the game and its expansion packs. When I try it says Origin was denied access to the relevant folder and that it may be due to security restrictions or disk corruption and to check the disk for errors.

I've checked for HP updates and it says my laptop is fully up to date. I've also run Reimage Repair and no errors where found.

I used Origin yesterday perfectly fine right before the update. I'm currently making a copy of the game files and content with a view to deleting then and then trying to re-install everything. Does anyone have any further advise in case that doesn't work and do I really need to do that in the first place?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,022 12,002 796 790
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Accelerometer & Can't re-download software that was already on my PC

Hi @Rena73

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the HP Accelerometer is giving an error and also you are unable to delete some game files.

I'd like to help.

Please download this Softpaq and this should take care of the HP Accelerometer error. 

You can refer to this Link

I would also request you to check your drive for error. Please follow these steps

- Click Start type CMD, in the list that appears Right click on Command Prompt and Run As Administrator.

- In the Command prompt Box type chkdsk C: /f /r /x

- If you are prompted to restart your computer type Y and hit Enter

Try deleting the Game files and let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation