cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
ReedTek
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP EX920 SSD's red light is still on after PC is shut down

HP Recommended
HP EX920
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After turning on my PC and being greeted with "A bootable device has not been detected" I decided to remove the SSD and plug it back in as I had this problem before with another PC. 

I opened my PC case and found the SSD to have a red light on. I don't know why b/c my PC was off. My problem that I had 5 seconds ago was that it couldn't boot if the red light was on. To turn it off, I had to remove it and plug it back in. My SSD would then boot into my desktop. But if I turned off my PC, the red light would stay on therefore I would have to do the replug cycle again. Any fix? This just started this morning. I had a recent bios update done to my NUC Hades Canyon which I'm willing to ask Intel about, also I did update Windows just yesterday. But during the day I turned on and off my PC with no issues through out the day.20190317_150816.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
SixtyfpsGaming
Level 3
53 40 1 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a different SSD 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 684 1,666
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You should contact HP Support (Link) if this SSD is a factory component or if you have installed this drive as an upgrade.

Regards

Mike921
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My new one lasted <1 hr.  During a write operation, the status LED went from flashing to solid and the system no longer recognized it.  Returned.  Too bad, got a good price, but price really doesn't matter much when the darn thing doesn't work....

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation