Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-0010

Hi everyone, I just recently purchased a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-0010 and a new Acer Monitor and for some reason the monitor will not display images from the desktop while using a HDMI cable but when I connect the HDMI cable to my laptop, the image from the laptop will display on the monitor. Should I be using a DVI cable instead of an HDMI cable? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Caballero02 

Are you using the correct port? Use the one from the graphics card, not the motherboard.

Example: yours will be similar to this photo...

HDMI PORT.jpg

HP Recommended

what is the exact model?
product number

Annotation 2019-12-15 121942.png

Example this model

HP Pavilion 790-0010nt Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)

• Form Factor: ATX (full height) PCB with ATX dual slot bracket
  • Dimensions: 11.2 cm x 17.3 cm (4.4 x 6.8 in)
  • Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

you have to connect the screen to the graphics card
Normally the motherboard ports should be hidden

Berks motherboard specifications.

Berks back I/O ports

• 4 DisplayPort
  • 5 HDMI out

It is possible so well connected to the graphics card that it is the hdmi cable which is not correct

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, I made sure it was connected to the port in the middle instead of the one above it but the monitor seems to still give me a "No Signal" image.

HP Recommended

Please product number ?

If it is the right HDMi port used, you have to test another cable, maybe the one used is hdmi 1.4 for example, while you need a 2.0 ( juste example )

ANd monitor model ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The product number is "3LA93AA#ABA" and the Model Number is "790-0010". Do you need the serial number too?

HP Recommended

No, it's ok !

never give the serial number on the forums
The P / N number is enough with that we easily find the model :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-790-0000-pc-series/20395823/model/21447504/d...
So, here we have a GTX 1050 card, we must check as indicated, the connection
Test what is explained here also:

Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows)

watch the video

Display or Monitor is Blank (Black) after Starting the Computer

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-790-0000-pc-series/20395823/mode...

try graphique update here !

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.