Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I just bought this computer (HP OMEN 30L AMD Ryzen 7 GeForce 3060Ti 32GB RAM, Windows 11). I have updated all drivers for both Windows and HP Assist. I have also did several suggestions of "optional updates" for HP Firmware, that didn't solve the issue either. I also updated all GeForce Drivers.

When the computer goes into Sleep mode, many times it just won't get out of sleep mode. The power button won't even turn off the computer no matter how long I hold it down. Only way to reboot the computer is to completely unplug the computer. I have read all over these Forums and Reddit and an extensive Google search and this seems to be a common theme with this computer however, none of the suggestions fix the problem. What most people do is simply turn off sleep mode all together as a temporary workaround. Has HP dug into this issue and have they found the cause as of yet. All the post I have seen on this issue go back as far as June 2021 up until today June 12th, 2022. 

Please help, I would love to have a computer I don't have to unplug every time I want to get on.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@PaladinRoden

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Already followed this advice, took it to Best Buy Geek Squad where I have it under warranty and they installed a clean version of Windows 11 and the problem is still there. From the other forums I have read its more then likely a configuration of hardware that is unique to the 30L design. Hence the reason you have 10,000+ views for these types of threads and people just giving up hope and settling on never having their computer go into sleep mode. What I would like to know is what exactly has HP done about this issue on this model and design? There is no legit fix for it no matter how many tweeks you give to software, drivers..etc.

HP Recommended

@PaladinRoden

Thank you for posting back. 

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. 

Your business means a lot to us. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I replied to the private message three days ago giving all the information requested, however, I have yet to get a reply back on the issue.

HP Recommended

After giving all the information requested by the tech guy in private message, heard nothing for nearly 5 days and his only reply was "here is a number you can call". I spent all that time typing and taking pictures for literally nothing but an HP support number. At least tell me why you are just giving me the number to HP support, why have me write all that info and discription and photos of my machine to say nothing but give me a number to HP support, makes no sense.

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry, for what happened to you @PaladinRoden 
The hp experts who answered here, normally answer voluntarily, they are not there to replace Hp Support, in a way!
It's just a quick solution, to check if the problem can be solved simply, or if there will be a need to go through the HP support service!

Rules of Participation
in your case, I strongly advise you to return it to the dealer, simply installing the windows 11 system, without testing, and returning the hardware, is not normal
Ask that it be refunded / exchanged, replaced, that it does what it takes to make it work!

In order for a remark to be taken into account , click on the NO button and explain your situation , this must be more effective than a message in reply here !

you must see this !

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the Community. Please tell us why this reply didn't help.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I took back to Best Buy where I pruchased it and they spent three days on it and was on the phone with someone from HP trying to get this computer to wake up once in sleep mode. They couldn't find any solution. They gave me another one and it did the same thing, won't wake up from sleep mode. The Geek Squad person explained the reason there is a huge sale for the OMEN 30L is because they all have this problem and I'm not the only one that has brought my OMEN in on this issue. He suggested going with a different brand all together. My last four computers have been an OMEN and I'm very loyal to the brand, but since HP has no solution to this problem, as you can see this type of issue is posted a lot and many of them have 10's of thousands of views its because many people who own an OMEN are dealing with this issue and its sad. I guess I have to go with a different brand and continue my PC gaming with someone else. Its sad. I love my HP OMEN's in the past.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Re-installing software is a waste of time as thousands of users have the same problem with this HP model.  This has been an ongoing issue for a long time.  HP should have researched this come up with a valid technical fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.