Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so i did some research and found that i can upgrade my ram to 32gb and it should be running at 2400mhz but for what ever reason its showing as only running at 1196mhz in both cpu-z and speccy, when in bios there's no memory tab and OMEN Command Center doesn't give me the option to change anything. How do i get my ram to run at full speed and how do i access ram setting on my pc, this is seriously frustrating me as myself and several other people that i have gone to for help have said my ram not running at full speed is causing my other hardware to run at higher usages to make-up for ram.

HP 82F1 Motherboard

intel i7-7700

Radeon Sapphire RX 580 8gb

TEAMGROUP T-Create DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 2666mhz ram

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

most games will have cpu utilization at 70%+, GPU utilization at 100% and ram utilization at 100%. i dont understand whats going on here

HP Recommended

should note that graphics settings in said games are set to minimum or near minimum so that GPU isn't being fully utilized, for example in fivem setting show as only using 3.9gb of the allotted 8gb of my GPU and yet it says that utilization is at 100%. frames in most games are under 30-45fps and fivem frames are at times as low as 20fps. Hardware is not overheating either

HP Recommended

@CozyCafe 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05389962

It has

• Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

Using compatible RAM @2400MHz or 1666MHz with will run @2133MHz. CPU-Z should show you which brand its existing RAM is, please use same brand and specs.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

so without upgrading my motherboard im only able to run 16gb of ram?? this limits the capacity for gaming in my pc

HP Recommended

@CozyCafe 

Sometimes, new BIOS allows we to add more RAM to the machine. In this case, new BIOS MAY allow you to upgrade to 32GB.  Please read the new BIOS note on its home page.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@CozyCafe,

You mentioned that you believe that your RAM is not running at the correct speed (2400 MHz) because your RAM is, quote: "only running at 1196mhz in both cpu-z and speccy".

However, since you have to multiply that by two, your RAM is running EXACTLY as it is supposed to, just like in my desktop:

NonSequitur777_0-1655496936544.png

Hope this will put your mind at ease!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.