Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880-010na Gaming PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just set up a brand new HP Omen, connected to a Sony TV screen via the HDMI port but no signal is detected. PC has started up OK and audio prompts are played, all seems OK except no picture.

Other PC and an Xbox work fine on same screen and using the exact same HDMI cable, so fault seems to be with the Omen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Absolutely.

You have proven two other devices using the same data cable provide video output to your Sony TV.

There is a problem with the new Omen. It could be as simple as reseating the graphics card and the power supply connection to the graphics card.

Or the graphics card is faulty or, the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard is faulty.

Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Do you have a spare monitor with HDMI in to see if you can get video?

You may have to remove the side panel on the PC.

Reseat the graphics card and check/reseat PCIe supplemental power supply connection to the graphics card.

Not much else you can do (no integrated graphics).

It's brand new. Time to think about return/exchange or contact HP for assistance.

Tom

HP Recommended
Actually it's an 880-011na, don't know if that makes any difference?

I've seen some posts for other Omen models from people with same problem, solution for them was to plug into the next socket. On mine, there's only 1 hdmi output, and another next to it a little bigger with only one "cut" corner (is that a display port?). For the other models they say the motherboard hdmi is automatically disabled when graphics card is fitted. Mine has an AMD Radeon RX580, just wonder if it could be same problem, in which case I have to use a different connector cable.
HP Recommended

Hi

The 010na and the 011na are similar.

The Ryzen chipset/processor does not support onboard video.

You only have one available graphics choice which is the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard.

The second video out port on the back I/O shield is a DisplayPort.

The TV would have to support DisplayPort to try a different cable. Or you would need a monitor that has DisplayPort in.

It is possible for a graphics card to have one faulty video out port.

A bad HDMI port on the graphics card still suggests you need service or you need to replace the card or exchange the new PC. It is also possible the PCIe x16 slot is faulty. You would have to swap in a different graphics card to check this.

Tom

HP Recommended
So, should the HDMI output be working?
HP Recommended

Hi

Absolutely.

You have proven two other devices using the same data cable provide video output to your Sony TV.

There is a problem with the new Omen. It could be as simple as reseating the graphics card and the power supply connection to the graphics card.

Or the graphics card is faulty or, the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard is faulty.

Tom

HP Recommended
Fab, thanks Tom. It will be back to pcworld in the morning!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.