Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On OMEN 880 the disc drive has a special opening function where the "lid" snaps to the side and reveals the disc drive which pops out. I accidentally had that lid come of yesterday when I was opening the drive and looking inside it. The "lid" itself has as far as I know it 1 spring which makes the mechanism work flawlessly. I managed to lose that spring yesterday and I can't seem to find it. Is there by any chance that HP makes replacement parts for it? It's not so urgent because I don't use the disc drive that often at all. But I want it to work because of the reselling value and because I think dust will get inside the chassis. If someone comes across that little "spring" can you please link it below. If you look at the pictures you can see the "lid" I was talking about, how the computer looks without it and approximately where the spring should be positioned. 

1                                                                                            2                                                                                          3

The "lid"The "lid"The PC without itThe PC without itApproximately where the spring wasApproximately where the spring was

Felix 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Felle_swe 

Im not sure if HP sells the DVD door assembly. Im looking for the part now, but the HP server for that website is down at the moment. When its working again, Ill look it up.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.