Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN GT13-0630nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought this PC to get the RTX 3080 and put it in my Gaming PC which is better cooled.
And use the Omen as a desktop PC with a less powerful graphics card.
But when I put on a GTX 670 I have a black screen, I reinstall the 3080 to disable Secure bios but nothing does, as soon as I put on the GTX 670 black screen.
Still black screen, it boots but no display.
I have an RTX 2070 in my gaming pc and I'm waiting for a more powerful power supply before putting the 3080 in it.
So I don't know if the 2070 will work in the Omen????
But I don't understand why you can't put the graphics card you want in a PC in 2021, the bios is really limited.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The RTX 2070 will work 100% in the Omen 30L. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The RTX 2070 will work 100% in the Omen 30L. 

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your response.
But here it is, I don't want to put my 2070 in this PC, I want to sell it.
How do I know which other cards may work and why there is a problem, there is no legacy option in the bios.
It was supposed to replace my old pc that had a GTX 970 but I think that if the 670 doesn't work the 970 won't work.

I read that the problem came from the UEFI bios.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

If you have the 970 in hand, give it a try, that one might work as well. Like I said in my comment on the channel, I had the same problem but with a Ryzen based Omen 30L, but unfortunately I don't remember what exactly the option was in the bios, considering that the bios is not full with options and by the method of elimination, I think it was the secure boot. The card I was installing was the GTX660, so same generation as your 670, and it worked out in my case. 

HP Recommended

Yes the 2070 super work verry goed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.