Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Gaming Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got this prebuilt for a pretty good deal given the hysteria behind the 30 series cards, and I haven't been able to figure out if I can add two more case intake fans at the front to create a total of three intakes. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Chris_Sanovei , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

Once I have this information, I will try to help you decide if you can add more front case fans.  In the meantime, here is a video that will give you some hints on case pressure and how to regulate it.  This is very important to consider when adding case or other fans to your system.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07120086

That is the link to the exact pc

HP Recommended

Product Number: 399T3AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Chris_Sanovei!

It is very difficult to tell from the picture of the case if there is any place to add front fans.  There has to be an opening for the fans to either intake or exhaust air.  It may be better to add fans to the top of the case,  Again, it is difficult to tell if the top is solid or open.

Once you watch the video that I provided you should be able to determine where fans can be added.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.