7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OMEN X 900 110NL HIGH CPU TEMPERATURES

hp omen x 900 110nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought this hp omen x 900 110nl 2 days ago,and i started to use it ( mainly for gaming).

I update the pc with the latest drivers bios and firmware ecc...

I noticed that it have high temperatures,the CPU'S temperature have peaks to 90° and generally stay around 75 85 ° while playing,on idle they jumping from 35 to 60 without some reasons.

Also the up part,where the CPU Fan is located,the pc is really really hot.

The pc have still the warranty ofcourse,and i will call it on monday,but meantime if someone have some ideas on how to help me would be nice.

I tried from bios to change the fan speed and check, but it don't let me.

PC SPECS:
I7700K 4.2ghz
NVIDIA GTX 1080
16 GB RAM 

*temperature reached 98 ° 
* UPDATE i runned intel  test and all results seems fine.. i don't really know what's happening

7 REPLIES 7
Laxus89
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

up,

someone help me? tomorrow i call the assitance since is in warranty but any of you have idea if is normal or any way i can solve that?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,491 22,448 1,887 3,004
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Laxus89

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand your HP OMEN X 900-110NL has a HIGH CPU TEMPERATURE,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you change the performance settings on your device?

If not, here's a few things you can do:

Right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel. 

  

To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate. 

  

By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it does. 

  

If you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology — that is, both NVIDIA and Intel graphics — this is the same place you can choose which applications will use the NVIDIA hardware and which will use the Intel hardware. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Laxus89
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The omen x 900 110nl is a desktop and not a laptop.
All options are optimized and is not a problem of GPU But CPU cores.
Also the i7700k should have 4.2ghz and mine is running at 4.5ghz because it is already overclocked by faBric and I don't know why.
From bios you have no options for fix fan speed or clock of cpu.

I think I will wait the assistance tomorrow since I just buyed it and is in full warrancy
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Laxus89

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand, however, the steps remain the same for both devices,

That said, HP doesn't recommend overclocking the device as it may cause issues within the GPU/CPU.

Also, if you wish to get your device either repaired or replaced, 

you may do it either via the store you've purchased the pc from or Contact HP as they should be able to help you replace it if it's within 15days of purchase (from hpshopping website).

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Laxus89
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know and I didn't touched anything also you can't chose to overclock, since the bios don't have any options.

I buyed like that and I noticed that spikes.
I will call assistańce tomorrow and ask them about it too than I will see what to do
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Laxus89

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time in contacting the assistance using the information provided earlier and get back to me with the results, 

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The freaking X900 series does run hot but your temp is defiantly too high I have 900-000nx  and highest ever temp I saw was 81 under full load and room temp of about 26 during summer . I didn’t like that so I added an additional cooler master 120fan on top of the box near the CPU PUMP fan to additionally suck hot air out of the system , by doing this I lowered my temp to around 74-76 very rarely I see 79 .

What you have to pay attention is where that **bleep** 30kg box is placed it is very perforated for better venting  and be sure you have a lot of free space around it having it confined under table or somewhere where  venting is not that good it may build up high temp during gaming or when under full load whatever you do.

Other than that, you may be unlucky with defective liquid cooling system in your Omen.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation