cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jeromedestras
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Obelisk - Upgrade Nvidia 3000 series or Amd?

HP Recommended
875-1040 st - OBELISK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_2477.jpgAudio Connection and TransitorAudio Connection and TransitorHello guys,

I'm the owner of a HP obelisk by ELUKTRONICS , my actual GPU is the genuine HP 2080 TI (Omen series)

Did any of you was able to mount a 3000 series on it? I check the dimension and there's two 3080 GPU ( FE,EVGA) that are 285mm and that can fit.

My question is about the slots: the 2080 TI got 2 and the 3080 EVGA is 2.2.

Seems it's gonna be just,  because there's a transistor and the  audio connection in the way.

Thanks guys!

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,257 18,919 2,918 9,288
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jeromedestras , welcome to the forum.

I have not tried to install a 3000 series card into a case the size of yours, but the best way to know if it will fit is measure the space.  Use a non metallic ruler so it doesn't short the motherboard.  It looks to me like the audio connector should be fine, but the capacitor may present a problem.

My major concern is Heat.  These very high power cards develop a lot of heat.  When you install them into a small mid-size case it can be get very hot.  There are not a lot of places to add more fans.  Just beware!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation