Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
875-1040 st - OBELISK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_2477.jpgAudio Connection and TransitorAudio Connection and TransitorHello guys,

I'm the owner of a HP obelisk by ELUKTRONICS , my actual GPU is the genuine HP 2080 TI (Omen series)

Did any of you was able to mount a 3000 series on it? I check the dimension and there's two 3080 GPU ( FE,EVGA) that are 285mm and that can fit.

My question is about the slots: the 2080 TI got 2 and the 3080 EVGA is 2.2.

Seems it's gonna be just,  because there's a transistor and the  audio connection in the way.

Thanks guys!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jeromedestras , welcome to the forum.

I have not tried to install a 3000 series card into a case the size of yours, but the best way to know if it will fit is measure the space.  Use a non metallic ruler so it doesn't short the motherboard.  It looks to me like the audio connector should be fine, but the capacitor may present a problem.

My major concern is Heat.  These very high power cards develop a lot of heat.  When you install them into a small mid-size case it can be get very hot.  There are not a lot of places to add more fans.  Just beware!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.