Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-xxxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought this Omen 30L Ryzen version because of the marketed 'overclocking' features.  So launching the Omen Overclocking Center is missing the Overclocking option!!  WTH.  In the BIOS, no option to enable XMP4 so I can overclock the memory from Kingston.  What's going on here?

Trying to see if there are any BIOS updates or OCC updates...and nothing shows up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP as well as other tier one OEM's don't provide BIOS over clocking.

You could try Ryzen Master from AMD(Link).

Regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP as well as other tier one OEM's don't provide BIOS over clocking.

You could try Ryzen Master from AMD(Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz  is right, there wont be any overclocking ability in the HP bios.

But  Im pretty sure the 3700X should have overclocking in the Command Center though.

Make sure the bios version is F.04. You can look it up  in the HP Support Assistant.

1. If its not, then run this file... sp102078.exe
  2. Install the latest OCC update here... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 
  3. Then install this... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 
  4. And this...  OMEN Command Center SDK Package  sp104118.exe
  5. Finally, go to Windows updates and force it to search for updates, even if it shows its up to date. That usually installs a needed HP HID file.
  6. Reboot and see if the option is in the OCC now.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Photoray002, I have not built a Ryzen system yet.

Looking forward to this.

I am surprised HP provides overclocking in the Command Center.

Good stuff.

Regards

HP Recommended

HP does need to do a better job updating their website on compatible models.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05387497

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 

Never worked on a HP Ryzen PC so I don't know what the Command Center can do.

I build Intel systems. It seems HP does not provide much overclocking options in Command Center on Intel systems.

I am wrong? Am I wrong?

Regards

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 

Vaguely recall talking to a HP Ryzen owner in the forum many months ago.

This individual used AMD's software (Ryzen Master) to overclock the HP Ryzen PC with good results.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for pointing me to Ryzen Master.  This OC util is what is needed to bump up the DDR from 2600 to 3200.  Just REMEMBER that you should set the Memory Clock (DRAM frequency) to 1/2 of the max Mhz since its Double Data Rate...rated!  The OC settings persisted through reboot as well as a FRESH install of Win10 on a new NVMe drive.  I validated this with CPU-Z.

I haven't tried to OC anything else yet.  Obviously the 5700xt is up next.

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz wrote:

@Photoray002 

Never worked on a HP Ryzen PC so I don't know what the Command Center can do.

I build Intel systems. It seems HP does not provide much overclocking options in Command Center on Intel systems.

I am wrong? Am I wrong?

Regards

As far as I know in the beginning, the SDK package was absolutely for AMD, but it was limited on which ones would work.
All I can do is ask the OP to give the updates a try and report back, but I assume he didn't bother the way his reply is worded?

Also I recently asked HP to give me clarification on AMD and the OCC  as per another thread on the subject.  I have never received an answer.  As usual. 😠

HP Recommended

Ryzen Master is the way to go.  OCC update/upgrade steps did not help.  HP Support was useless on this stating "Your desktop is too new."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.