Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-02-2021 03:30 PM
So I faced this issue and I thought I'd chime in with my solution. I had my power button set to Hibernate and that may have caused an issue when I was measuring space inside for additional fan installation and pressed the power to turn off. After turning the PC back on, it just doesn't load to Windows.
This is how I solved it. I pressed F11 at the load and it got me to sort of pre-BIOS screen. From there, I clicked diagnosis or something to that effect. It'll take you to 2 options if I recall, shut down or restart. I chose the former. After I turned the PC back on, I was able to load Windows again successfully.
And if you want to go to limited BIOS, there's an option that let you go there but I forget the name of it.
05-05-2021 08:23 PM
Hi@DTT_DC, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
The only option to reimage the operating system to factory settings.
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
- Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.
If you've been using the Recovery Partition (F11) to reinstall the OS, I recommend using the Recovery media instead to wipe out the HDD and create a new partition and fresh OS installation: Click here to obtain one, if you don't have on in your possession.
or HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) Link
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mar 1 at 11:37 PM
05-05-2021 08:50 PM
I don't think you understood my issue. I didn't try to reimage or factory reinstall. I wanted to get to Windows login screen but PC was stuck at Omen screen and nothing else happened. It was in a sense bricked. But I was able to fix it by shutting it down from F11 option.
05-05-2021 09:16 PM
sincere apologies for the mishap. The steps sent are not for the above issue. My bad
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?
Are you able to boot into BIOS or F2 page from the PC?
Were there any recent windows updates on the PC?
Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated
Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.
Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.
If you are able to boot into BIOS try the steps recommended below to restore BIOS to default.
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Also, I would suggest you enable Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues with the PC. Click Here
05-05-2021 09:37 PM
Help isn't needed now as I solved this issue already but thanks for trying to help.
I had done what you've stated below for hard reset when I faced that issue and none worked. Shutting down from F11 pressed-screen solved my issue.