Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trashqueen
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 800 said to have directional sound but you can't hear footsteps behind, voice, etc. behind.

HP Omen 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the HP Omen 800 and it is claimed to be a really good and affordable gaming headset. Everything that you read up on, including the statements from yourselves states that it has directional sound and yet, compared to my old Plantronics Gamecom Headset, it pales in comparison. There are too many sounds that are either have too much bass or are just too loud, flat and ear piercing and what makes it worse is that you can not hear any important sounds from behind you that are incredibly important for PC gaming.

If this headset is only capable of having directional sound when paired with Omen products, then there should be no reason for you to be selling it separately unless you intend to offer drivers that provide the sound experience necessary for this to even be considered a gaming headset. I intend to return this headset because I feel decieved by the fact that the sound was not as promised and praised unless you intend to update your website to host drivers that will provide this headset with the sound quality promised.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 363
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 800 said to have directional sound but you can't hear footsteps behind, voice, etc. behind.

@trashqueen

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation