Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-245qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just wondering if it was possible to upgrade my stock air cooler (HP part number 796061-001) while retaining the same case. I am preferrably looking for a liquid cooling system. I believe asetek makes the AIO LCS that came with previous HP Omen 870 models but I am unable to find a part number or fan/radiator sizes that are compatible with my case. I do not believe that a standard 120mm LCS will fit in my case. 

Thimphu-k Motherboard

i5-7600K

92W air cooler

500W PSU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nice find. Looks like that part is was made available for just about every countries version of the 870 except the US (practically)

The list I have access to from HP gives absolutely no info about any water cooler included. Thanks HP!!!

Its not available for purchase from HP so you will have to take your chances on what you can find on eBay and such, as I mentioned earlier.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Cesar2016

I cannot find anything about an AIO for the 870 series. It would have to be fitted with a 92mm setup as you suspected.

One guy was able to get one of the Asetek's from eBay and install on his 870-244, but it still had issues with fan errors.

Take a look here, it might give you some insight...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/AIO-Liquid-Cooling-Install-Prob...

Best I can do on that issue.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. The part I was looking at was here

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=714256-001

It appears to be a LCS for the both the Envy and Omen 870 with the mounting bracket.

HP Recommended

Nice find. Looks like that part is was made available for just about every countries version of the 870 except the US (practically)

The list I have access to from HP gives absolutely no info about any water cooler included. Thanks HP!!!

Its not available for purchase from HP so you will have to take your chances on what you can find on eBay and such, as I mentioned earlier.

HP Recommended

That doesn't quite feel right of them to have done that...

Regardless, thank you for the help!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Cesar2016

I read you last post, yes interesting. But I will say that after having both setups (in larger systems, not the 870) and considering how much smaller they had to make the radiator as to fit that case, I highly doubt you will see any advantage over simply adding another air cooler instead.

As far as noise goes, what ive experienced in the 880 series is the noise is no different for either.

So, if you dont find an aio, you'll still be good to go with air cooling. And if you change it out, just be sure to use a good thermal paste.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.