Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Do you know the GPU fan size off hand? I ordered new 92mm exhaust fan and a 120mm for the top but I dont know the size if the GPU fan to upgrade that. I see 88+ all day on my omen 😞 

HP Recommended

I'm not sure. Download Asus GPU Tweak 2 and set a custom fan profile, though. They have it ramped WAY down from the factory, most likely for sound reasons. I've set mine more aggressive and can easily keep it in the 60s/low 70s, where I was routinely hitting mid 80s before. Cheapest and easiest fix

HP Recommended

Thank you! When it gets back from the useless "repair" center I will try that. 

HP Recommended

Nvidia dirver version 417.58 is avialable though windows update to fix instability issue with RTX2080.  Please proceed with windows update from "Setting > Update and security > check update" and make sure its driver version is updated and propoerly installed in device manager.

HP Recommended

Just down load MSI after burner and run a custom fan curve. If you want to cool your gpu then under full load ithe fan needs to be around 80% to stay cool 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

Is the gpu a blower cooler ? Blower coolers are ideal for this type of application because they get ride of the hot air out of the case vs cooler which dumps it into the case which causes over heating of everything. Im not surprised it shut down. 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

Check GPU and CPU temperatures in OMEN command center's system Vitals.  GTX2080 GPU throttles at above 88 degress C . CPU throttles at above 97 degrees C.  Temperatues above the throttling threshold aren't supposed to be frequently seen unless part of the thermal dissipation components built-in might be out of work.

HP Recommended

Yes, it's a blower style cooler. Not as effective, but better for smaller cases like you said. The main issue is the fan curve, though. It's definitely a good enough cooler if you make the curve more aggressive.

HP Recommended

Did you see the screen shot of his monitor and all the artifacts. I think the gpu is defective or wasnt pasted correctly from manufacturer. I would send it in for service. This kinda stuff makes me cringe to see. This should teach user a very expensive lession of computers. The other side is i think you need at least a lttiel knowledge with buying a machine like this because if you cant do simply trouble shouting its kinda your own fault. 

If that was my system and my gpu was reaching temps like that first of all it would never reach temps like that because i always set a custom fan curve which is normally running at 80% all the time underload. Granted 2080 may run how there are solutions to fix this. One open the side panel and let fresh air in. You should not be using a PC in ambiant temps 75 degress. If u are in a cool room and temps are still kicking 80c plus. I would take apart the GPU and do a repaste because for someone with intermediate tech skills can do that. Know in regards to the artifacts event viewer will show if the gpu driver is crashing also lowering the clocks might help 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

I did not see the screenshot, no. If they're seeing artifacting then that's obviously a different issue. If the issue is that they're running in the 80s, that's really not that unbelievable, given how hot the 20 series runs in conjunction with the blower style cooler plus the highly unaggressive fan profile set from the factory. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.