Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

What program did you use to control fan speed?!  I tried fanspeed  and afterburner and on both the fan speed option was greyed out. I replaced my exit fan and added a 120mm holding it helps . I also had a complete replacement just shipped to me. 

HP Recommended

click off auto and move slider up to 100% just to test 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

I've found Asus GPUTweak to be the easiest to use. Fan tweaking works straight away, and it has a built in monitor so you can see over time

HP Recommended

Would of loved to know that before the PC killed itself, spending $2000 for it to die DAYS after usage, :). (I did not send it in for service @sixtyfps because HP support never gave me the option, and said there was nothing wrong) I'm still getting MAJOR overheating issues with the wonderful CPU cooling intel provides for games like battlefront 2 running at 83-85 degrees celsius. So if anyone has a fix for this besides buying a new fan/WC let me know.

HP Recommended

If i'm spending $2000 on a prebuilt PC, I shouldn't have to worry about these problems in my mind. This is a multi billion dollar company, and i'm told 'the PC is supposed to run hot, and there is nothing wrong with your PC artifacting and crashing 5 times in 10 minutes'. Again, any fixes for CPU temp let me know besides buying a new CPU fan/watercooling. I am using the ASUS GPU Tweak 2 for my GPU, and temperatures are much better now, but CPU temp is still a major issue. (I'm already on my second 'replacement'  PC, that best buy accepted after the warrenty was over, bless them, and from the way its starting to run I may have to go turn it in for a third..)

HP Recommended

Agreed. They cut corners to get the price competitive with the market (which they've done), and cooling unfortunately suffered the most. 

For the CPU temp issue, I think your only option is to upgrade the cooler. The stock Intel cooler is pure trash. Thankfully, the Mobo has a lead for a water cooling unit, and AIO kits can be had for relatively cheap. Still not something you should have to do after dropping 2k on a machine, though.

HP Recommended

I just popped back on today to check out this post because I suddenly hard crash/restarted today and thats exactly what happened leading up to me replacing the last one, and I presume its going to continue. I've tried to talk to HP support, but i'm not going to waste my time with 5 different technicians who all say nothing is wrong again. (Since making these posts, they've actually bumped the price up of this computer by another 200$ MSRP, and changing the numbers at the end without actually changing anything at all hardware wise from what I could see.)

HP Recommended

That might be a new revision of the machine. About a month back, saw that they were going to release a new version that had mostly the same hardware but that included water cooling from the factory, and I think dual channel memory. Not sure if that's the one you're seeing or not.

HP Recommended

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-875-0035qe?jumpid=ma_omen-gaming_product-t...

Same thing, says room for aftermarket water cooling, and only difference is using 2x8g ram sticks for 2 slots instead of 1x16 that I got. If there was a water cooled version I’d wish they send that to me instead of 75$ in gift cards(hp store) for uh ink and toner I guess?

HP Recommended

AFAIK, $1999 has been the price point since it launched. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.