Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This post i was read 

I have same problem

With 4gpus burnt this year in our hand 

Over heating to 93c and rpm of the gpu fan is about %35 i need bios gpu that increases rpm of the fans to %100 when reach 80c 

I have 10 more  desktops that's new

And who is can repair these 4gpus that burned  is it hp accept it to return it and repair it 

Or give me a program that editing gpu bios fan speed 

And thi is a message 

Okay. I recently got this PC and its run well for the first four days I used it, besides its stupidly high temps that I guess HP deemed alright, but recently I have had issues with crashing. Any game runs the GPU/CPU into the 80 degree celsius range + and this just seems wrong. Today I have had a total of one crash, and four restarts where it just reloads/restarts my computer and forces me to sign back into everything. I contacted HP support but they literally said it was fine and that nothing was wrong, and that 80 degree temps are fine for a card with a max temp of 88, but clearly something is. I do not know what the issue is and I really need help. A game I am trying to play for example is rust, and the computer ends up restarting around 5 minutes after I load in. I have only had this issue today so far.

I7-8700

RTX 2080

16gig hyperx 2666mhz ram

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

still iam waiting answers?

HP Recommended

This is the Obelisk right? The case is badly engineered with relying on negative pressure cooling which is not good at all, there is nothing to intake fresh air inside the case and you have a small 90mm fan that has to exhaust all the heat generated by the VRMs, CPU, a lot of the GPU (despite the blower style cards, a lot of heat is still dumped inside the case), storage, ram - plus the AIO (the better version) or fan on the CPU (the worst version).

All that is the main reason HP redesigned the new Omen 30L to have at least one 12mm intake fan (although I would have loved them to add another one, or at least the cutout for it, we can add the fan ourselves if they want to keep the cost down, also they could have added another 90mm fan in the back and stack them with the other one, but I am getting carried away...

I have seen a lot of issues with that first gen style Obelisk, all are heat related and all are due to the poor design of the air intake and exhaust management. 

HP Recommended

@Hawkar

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THe issue is with the Nvidia Driver and is common on several systems, not only HP.

The fan curve is wrong in the drivers and cards defaults. Since Nvidia removed the fan control by default, you need to use a third party software for now.

FIX: Download MSI Afterburner.

Install:

Clikc the Cogwheel under fan speed.

In new window pick the FAN tab

Check to enable User fan control settigns at top.

Adjust your curve in the black window, I recommend sliding the box for 75c to about 55 to 60 percent fan 80c to 80 percent at 95c 90 percent fan speed. Adjust to needs, clicking over another temp adds a curve box to adjust. This will keep temps about 65c-75c

HP Recommended

My MSI afterburner settings for super cool, do not need to be as extreme but will work well.

HP Obilisk After burner fan settings.jpgMSi controlling gpu.png

HP Recommended

Thanks but i replaced my gpu with another one it is working fine 

But the rtx 2080 installed it on another device not working

Those steps of updating Windows or like this not fixing our problem 

HP Recommended

Before i selling those desperate iam telling the user to not removing the third party program but he is miss in mind after some months and ilthis is happening to the gpus

But i replaced bios to another manufacturer it is getting better but not too much 

I need a program that editing fan speed in bios to be flashed to the other desktops that i have amd not sold out 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.