4 3 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 880-110 AIO CPU Liquid Cooling Installation

HP Omen 880-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Forums!

Quick question, I was able to locate a gently used HP Omen 880 AIO CPU Cooler on Ebay. It does not have the backplate (as indicated in the listing).

My machine is an HP Omen 880-110 with the stock intel i7-8700 with the 65w TDP air cooler. Would the mounting bracket (the one behind the motherboard) be the same as the one on the existing 95w AIO cooler-installed models? If not, is the HP Omen 880-110 AIO CPU liquid cooler a buyable separate piece? Or would a Corsair h60 AIO install? I appreciate the help, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Blastey
Level 1
4 3 0 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 880-110 AIO CPU Liquid Cooling Installation

So, since no one seems to no the answer to this I have decided to take the leap and be the guinea pig.

I disassembled my HP OMEN 880-110 and removed the motherboard and can confirm, in fact, that a BACKPLATE is installed on the air-cooled 65W TDP model. I removed the heatsink and installed the corsair H60 2018 edition using the existing backplate. It installed perfectly. The radiator needed to be installed upside down. However, there is a point I need to make.

The corsair AIO H60 (2018 edition) uses a 3 pin connector for the tach/pump reading. The motherboard on the HP omen is a 4pin. While you can install it into the PUMP header, you will get a BIOS/Motherboard Error indicating a fan has malfunctioned everytime you start up the PC. The machine runs normally regardless and I've seen a 20 degree C drop after installing the AIO. 

If you can put up with the BIOS error every time you start up the machine, I can confirm you CAN install an aftermarker AIO into the HP Omen 880 model. Finding an 120mm AIO with a 4pin pump header, however, is a different story.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation