Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

From the Alienware R7 manual

PCI-Express X16 (graphics slot 2)
Connect a PCI-Express card such as graphics, audio, or network card to
enhance the capabilities of your computer.
For optimal graphics performance, use a PCI-Express X16 slot for
connecting the graphics card.
NOTE
:
The PCI-Express X16 slot works at X8 speed only.

A user has a single GTX 1080 in their system and its running at x8. https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/7v879f/aurora_r7_gpu_not_running_at_x16_pci/#bottom-comm... As I said. This is not just a HP thing Alienware is doing it as well. Definetly by OEM's design on purpose and for what ever reason, I have no clue!

HP Recommended

Should HP, Dell & the Motherboard company all be named in a class action lawsuit for deceiving their customers?

HP Recommended

Hello!

I think that the HP deceived the buyers and should be held liable. 

P.S. HP changed specifications.

Before:

After:Screenshot_20180315-152134.jpgScreenshot_20180315-152242.jpg

HP Recommended

Indeed!

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c05811928

Expansion Slots

• Two PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0), assigned to 2 slots, each slot with x8
  • One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M

Sorted then, no...?

HP Recommended

Funny how HP decided to upgrade this information pretty quickly. Really ticks me off not 1 single major publication review picked up on this or even a sponsored youtuber reviews. Very glad I was able to give a honest review and give potential buyers a heads up. Also thanks to the folks in this thread that pushed it to the higher ups at HP.

HP Recommended

Wish i wouldve read this... Just bought mine, arriving the 3rd or 4th

HP Recommended

Greetings Terminator14,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

The general conclusion is HP, as well as Dell, and other system integrators modify the chipset so the x16 graphics card slot runs at x8.

The performance hit is minimal.

You have to make decision on what to do.

Regards

HP Recommended

I am less than content with the shipping provided. This is the 4th day its been "In transit" and it just got cleared by customs. HP: "Customs may add an additional 1 day to the estimated delivery date." - IT WAS IN CUSTOMS FOR 3 DAYS. So much for recieving my new OMEN before the 4th of July. (If you count weekends it was in customs for 5 days!)

HP Recommended

@Terminator14 wrote:

I am less than content with the shipping provided. This is the 4th day its been "In transit" and it just got cleared by customs. HP: "Customs may add an additional 1 day to the estimated delivery date." - IT WAS IN CUSTOMS FOR 3 DAYS. So much for recieving my new OMEN before the 4th of July. (If you count weekends it was in customs for 5 days!)

Patience! I know its hard and know exactly what you are going through. My custom build at the time set for 3-4 days at customs as well before it got delivered.

HP Recommended

I believe HP is compensating me for the priority shipping, because its taking more than 4 days as guaranteed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.