Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

dont buy prebuilts except maybe from i buy power or cyber power.  im here diagnosing power limit throttling for a friend.  the 8700 is a 65 watt cpu but all the store bought, off the shelf motherboards just ignore this so you get more performance.  and they should.  but with this dell when the cpu is under full load the cpu will throttle down to 3.7 or lower when it should run 4.3 all day long on 6 cores.  take this machine and take the cpu out and put it in any 80 dollar, off the shelf, z370 board and it will run 4.3 all core all day long.  

as i said smaller builders like i buy power or cyber power use off the shelf parts mostly.  but you need to see the parts list and make sure.  for that you need someone who knows what they are doing.  but if you are going to get someone to look over a computer then might as well just buy from someone you know and trust.  

these guys are selling junk. 

i built an 8700k machine thats running on all 6 cores at 5ghz all the time with a top of the line noctua dual tower cooler (that beats any 100 dollar water cooler out there) with a 960 evo samsung 256 nvme a 1070 ti and 2 1tb hardrive in raid 0 with a proper z370 board and 600w evga power supply for 1300.  id hate to think what they want for these

HP Recommended

i would like to append this to my last comment.  hpomen 880 owners can use the intel xtu program (just google it you will find it) to raise power limits.  so thats nice.  i thought they would have it locked down tighter but i can confirm this works. hwen at full load the cpu can clock down as low as 3.6ghz but if you raise all the power limits it will stick at the asvertised 4.3 all core boost.  so that is nice.  if you do this though you may need to buy a better cooler than the stock intel.  the hyper 212 is about 20 bux and works well.  no need for a water cooler or a large air cooler unless maybe you are doing very heavy avx workloads (which you wont be.  if you have to ask you are not)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.