Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 875-1023
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey so I'm having issues with MS Flight Simulator 2020 and I think it's coming down to the Omen coming Overclocked out of the box. It's the 875-1023 with the i9 9900k, 2080 super, 32g ram. I have done no modding to this. Simply took it out of the box and have installed FS2020 and Adobe CC.

Ran the cpu-z tool and it looks like it's Overclocked with a XMP profile. It's showing 19clocks waittime, instead of the fastest from JEDEC standard 21.

Does this really come Overclocked? Is there a way to disable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Supaeuro , welcome to the forum.

The basic speed of DDR4 memory is 2133 MHz.  For the memory speed to be increased to DDR4-2666 in your computer, HP uses a XMP profile: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

This only affects the memory.  So, yes the memory is actually overclocked to 2666.  I don't believe that you can change the speed in the BIOS/UEFI, however.

I suggest that you check with Microsoft's Customer Support to see if they can help you solve your problem.  They are the experts on FS 2020.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Supaeuro , welcome to the forum.

The basic speed of DDR4 memory is 2133 MHz.  For the memory speed to be increased to DDR4-2666 in your computer, HP uses a XMP profile: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

This only affects the memory.  So, yes the memory is actually overclocked to 2666.  I don't believe that you can change the speed in the BIOS/UEFI, however.

I suggest that you check with Microsoft's Customer Support to see if they can help you solve your problem.  They are the experts on FS 2020.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the insight. FS2020 has been extremely buggy since launch and I'm dealing with a couple people/techs that have stated if anything is Overclocked as of right now it's causing crash to desktop. 

This confirms our findings. I just wish there was a way to roll it back until MS finds a fix.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Supaeuro!

This doesn't make much sense to me.  There is no way to get faster memory speeds without using a XMP (overclocking).  This certainly should be accounted for in the development of the top FltSim in the world.  You should check to see if there are patches from Microsoft to solve the problem.  Developers release their games without fully having them ready for prime time and expect us to do their Beta Tests for them.  I'll get off of my high horse.  You can tell that I am an old gamer, as well as, an old geekster.  Oh, well, I wish you luck with solving your problem.

HP Recommended

BTW, XMP is faster compared to JEDEC, I wish the Omen 30L came with an XMP OC and not JEDEC, so consider yourself lucky. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.