M_Willey
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen Control app not working

OMEN PC 870-2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP OMEN control app that is supposed to allow me to customize the led setting in my desktop will open and run, but when i change a setting nothing responds and everything stays the same. ive searched every where asking for answers and finally decided to ask on here. any answers?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen Control app not working

@M_Willey

Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums. MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that your customize the led setting on your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-208na by using the HP Omen control app. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

The HP OMEN Control app allows you to customize the LED lights on HP OMEN computers. Lighting mode options include single or multi-stage light sequences, system usage and temperature indicators, audio show, or completely off.

Set up the OMEN Control app.

1. In Windows, search for and open OMEN Control.

Figure : Searching Windows for OMEN Control

Searching Windows for OMEN Control

The OMEN Control app opens.

2. Click the Profile Name field.

Figure : Clicking the Profile Name field

Clicking the Profile Name field
  3. Click New Profile.

4. Type the desired name for the new profile.

Figure : Entering a new profile name

Entering a new profile name
  5. Press Enter to save the profile name.

However, if the lighting does not change then please uninstall the HP Omen control app and then reinstall it back. The following steps will help to uninstall the HP Omen control app:

1. In Windows, search for and openControl Panel. In Control Panel, locate Programs, then click Uninstall a program.

Figure : Uninstalling a program

Uninstalling a program
  2. In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Changeat the top of the program list.

Figure : Example of uninstalling a program

Image of Uninstall/Change selection
  3. Read and respond to any messages that open while the software is being removed from your computer.

Once the uninstallation is complete, you may download and install the the HP Omen control app via the following link:

This Omen Control software works for any Omen 870-200 series PC: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes.

All the best!

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation